Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's the Little Things

Every time I make a trip to the post office in the little town just two miles from our home, I am reminded of God's goodness.

Quite a few months ago, I had gone to this same post office to mail our initial fingerprints for our home study.  The envelope brought some questions from the postmaster.  When I told her we were adopting (not getting a job with the government), the assistant postmaster pulled out his wallet to show me a picture of the two girls they adopted some 20 years ago.   :-)  The three of us had a wonderful conversation about the beauty of adoption.

Whenever I make runs to our little post office, these two postmasters always ask about our adoption, where we are at in the process, and offer words of encouragement. I love these postmasters and I only know their first names.  :-) 


Isn't that just like God to display His goodness in the little things like post office runs?

2 comments:

  1. i love this :-) It really is beautiful to see how God works, and the many ways He works through others to remind us of his love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Toni...God is so good.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete