Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This Wild Ride called....LIFE

We have had some crazy weeks here lately.   'Crazy' would be the upshot word when in reality it has felt more like we are being pressed in on every side.   After returning home from our court trip, we worked to clear our plates so we could focus our time/energy on our two little ones when they arrived.  The Lord, in His wisdom had other plans for us.    As I was asking Him, "Why now?", I had the distinct impression that He was telling me:  "I am enough".   Why oh why do we not rest in that truth?    I longed for the peace that comes from that truth.   Yet, peace requires trust.  So then I prayed, "Oh for grace to trust Him more".    We knew we were nearing the end of our adoption process and our 'crazy circumstances' were colliding with the timing of expected travel.   How on earth would this all work out?  How could we be two places at one time?   Looking back, it is funny that we (okay..mostly me) worried about those details because now I see how He has woven it all together....for our good and for His glory. 

Today, we received confirmation of our embassy appointment to bring our children HOME!!!!  This is the last step in the legal process and news we've waited on for the last six weeks.    WHAT JOY!!!!  The embassy has assigned us an appointment the last week in February ...within 48 hours of that appointment, little man and baby girl will receive their visa and then we will board the flight home and begin the life long journey of FAMILY!   

We began our adoption process almost two years ago.  It has been long, hard, stretching, humbling and thought provoking.  It has deepened our relationship as a family.    We have grown in our understanding of who God is, His heart for the orphan (including you and I) and the vastness of His character. And as we gaze upon little man and baby girl's face...we see ALL of this.  All that God has done and the indescribable beauty of His hand.   

Little man and baby girl~ you are so Worth the Wait!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Swansons! This is such great news! We rejoice with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!!! I love to hear how God is working to put the solitary in families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warmest congratulations!! What wonderful news - you all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete