Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Waiting ....through the eyes of a seven year old

We are an impatient culture.  Waiting is hard on everyone; but add to that wait, being seven years old and ya have the fixins for an impossible task.  Waiting five minutes can seem like an eternity, let alone, waiting months.   

This past week we hit our 9 month mark of being on the waiting list for our little one(s) from ET.    I thought I'd let you in on what a seven year old does while she waits for her siblings to come home.   

She draws countless pictures of our family, Africa, Ethiopia and a plane for traveling.   If you look closely, you'll see the  "2 babies" above the smallest person on the drawing. 
(Yep...I'm saving all of them to show her siblings when they come)
A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning the night stand next to our seven year old's bed.  I found this envelope on the night stand.   Inside is the money she is saving to buy HER plane ticket to ET to bring her siblings home.  I'm telling ya...It just melted this mother's heart. 



God is so good to give us these delightful insights into our daughter's heart as she waits to be a big sister. 





4 comments:

  1. So exciting to see the excitement building in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are few things sweeter than the love of a child - what a wonderful blessing. Hope each of you is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, this posted just melted my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get to meet you yesterday at LifeLight! Looking forward to following your story now that we have real life faces to think about!

    ReplyDelete